Ok, the weather finally cooled off and allowed me to finish the panel. I coated the whole thing in 4 coats of KILZ white sealer. I did not use pegboard for the cell mounting substrate because I didn’t like the holes. I instead used 1/8″ door skin which worked out excellent. I also did not glue the cells down with blobs of silicone. I decided to use 1″ Scotch heavy duty mounting squares which are adhesive on both sides. You just peel the tape off of the outside and stick them down. I am not sure how these will work VS. silicone in the long run, but I experimented with a cell by sticking it onto a scrap piece of door skin and the bond was permanent. I had to destroy the cell to get it off of the scrap piece. So, hopefully they will work. All that is left to do now is get a piece of glass cut, silicone that down and put some aluminum channel on the outside. This entire thing is going to cost around $140 to build. The panel puts out 63 watts, 19.25 volts and 3.63 amps. Not bad.
Areas of Interest
- How do I know when I can recycle a computer component, and when it's safe to throw it out?
- How much, an average if possible, does it cost to install a windmill?
- Do you think everyone should do there best to recycle?
- Powerful Solar Power Charger Enough To Get Laptop Going
- The Fascination of Kite Power
- PARABOLIC TROUGH REFLECTOR SOLAR WATER HEATER GREEN POWER
- Homebrew Solar Panel 60Watts
- My Solar Power Set Up - Part 6 - Building a Panel - Conclusion
- 3 FRESNEL LENS SOLAR HEATER SUN COLLECTION GREEN ENERGY
- Homemade Solar Food Dehydrator
- Repower America - Bill Nye, The Science Guy
- Infinia Stirling Solar Generator
- Solar Furnace
- Start a Revolution / Clean Energy SmartPower.org Contest
What We AreALTERNATIVE battery BUILD Center Certification Clean cost Earth Efficiency efficient Electric ENERGY Environmental First Free Geo Thermal global GREEN GRID Heat homes House installation Jobs Leed light nuclear Panel plants POWER pump Recycle Recycling renewable roof School Solar sustainability Sustainable Technology TURBINE Video Water Wind Windmill