With so many passionate politicians sitting at the top and pleading you to lessen your environmental footprints, it is hard not to get motivated. So thousands of people avail the public conveyance whenever possible, paddle up to the nearby destinations on bicycles or opt for hybrid cars in place of the regular ones. If you are serious about reducing your energy footprint, one more thing you can do; you can buy an environment-friendly home.
So far as Seattle real estate market is concerned, the green condos definitely are the in-thing. With more and more people realizing their responsibilities toward environment, the green Seattle condos are becoming hotter with every passing day. As such, the market for green Seattle condos is fast expanding. With more and more people wanting an energy efficient home, the prospects of these ‘green’ properties are really bright.
When it comes to buying Seattle condos, you must keep certain points in mind to make sure you get what you pay for.
• First of all make sure the developer has a recognized certification such as LEED certification or certification from the Forest Stewardship Council or the Rainforest Alliance. These certificates are subject to rigorous standards and awarded only to those builders or development companies that have proven track record of delivering environment friendly projects. Before buying Seattle condos, make sure your builder has any of these certifications.
• If you are serious about lessening your energy footprint, always choose those Seattle condos that offer alternative energy options such as solar energy for heating purposes. Depending on builder’s experience, there can be other options of alternative and efficient energy. It makes sense buying those Seattle condos that offer such energy sources—they not only save the environment, they save a lot of home owner’s money in the long run.
• One of the essential qualities of a green home is: it is typically fully insulated. Before buying Seattle condos make sure the unit is completely insulated. Even if it is not, make sure right kind of insulation is installed at required location.
• The eco-friendly Seattle condos come with the appliance packages that are EPA certified as energy efficient. An environmentally responsible builder will never push the cheap packages.
• Before putting your money on just any property, make sure the property had a proper environmental testing before starting of the project. Demand to see the result of the testing from the builder.
If you are looking for Seattle condos that are environment friendly, make sure the construction meets with all the above mentioned criteria. It is advisable to choose a Seattle builder who has built up a reputation for being ecologically committed.