Aadbuild Shipping container conversion

We built this for our customers so they could stay onsite while we build their homes. We now have more customers that just want the container…. we used up to 85% recycled material, led light globes, a new air transfure system, low e glass, double insulation and more.

25 Responses to Aadbuild Shipping container conversion

1. Aadbuild says:

@myresorthome
    Thanks, I am glad you like it. I thought of putting them into mass production, mainly I run a house building business and I let the clients stay in it whilst I build there houses…

2. ainerisa says:

pretty compact and still looks comfortable and chic, how much?

3. Aadbuild says:

@ainerisa Hi Aierisa this one cost around $35k Australian to complete. This was our fisrt attempt and our next one will be a lot better. Hey thanks for watching. I have some plans if you would like to have a look simply send me an email aadbuild.com. I can also send some other helpful information to anyone who cares to give one a try. All the best regards Andrew

4. Aadbuild says:

@ainerisa Hi Aierisa this one cost around $35k Australian to complete. This was our fisrt attempt and our next one will be a lot better. Hey thanks for watching. I have some plans if you would like to have a look simply send me an email via website aadbuild.com. I can also send some other helpful information to anyone who cares to give one a try. All the best regards Andrew

5. Aadbuild says:

thanks for watching, the containers are around $35k

6. exnavejarian says:

great dfesign and ideas.. jsut curious .. about the insulation…. is it enough to ward of heat in very tropical areas? and aircirculation in it how does it go?

7. Aadbuild says:

it has great insulation properties. The air is circulated over the externaly insulated metal container early in the morning when it is cool. The cooler air cools the metal quickly and the insulation keeps the temperature below ambient all day. not as good as an airconditioner but 1000 times more efficient. They weigh in at over 3 tonne so I recon it would stand up to tropical weather as well

8. Aadbuild says:

They cost around 30k which i know sounds expensive but the quality and workmanship is 5 star. By the way we just received comendation from the Building designers association Sydney regional branch in the eco awards 2010

9. BadassCeino says:

This is very posh, I like it alot.

10. tyhnbgtyhnbgt says:

i’ve been telling people this is the wave of the future and you’re proving it!!! good job… love your clean japan look….. but i like using at least 2… staggered.

11. exitre says:

@Aadbuild I consider it really affordable, it looks quality stuff and for 30 K it’s really perfect

12. margaret1353 says:

@Aadbuild Hi , I like your work!, where do this and would like to travel outside abroad? If yes , How may we contact your company. Thanks.

13. Aadbuild says:

HI Margret, I think you mean where are we building these containers? answer is East cost of Australia. Do we export these containers around the world. Not currently but we will see what happens in the future. Thanks for watching :-)

14. darrenaedge says:

heya, i’m currently doing architecural technology at university and i’ve decided to use shipping containers for my latest project. the issue i have is that i am using rigid wood fibre insulation internally then wood panelling for the finish, how have u prevented condensation forming on the internal surface of the shipping container wall? i thought i might use a dehumidifier system that self drains and have it on a sensor system but not sure if it would work well enough. thanks
    darren

15. Aadbuild says:

Good to hear Darren, you need to leave a cavity between the steel and the cladding. We did this by using treated timber screwed to the external. and then fix the cladding to it. You also should insulate and have a cavity on the inside as well. This way the container stays neutral in temperature and does not condensate.

16. TheGreenfrog140 says:

@Aadbuild 35K is ALOT!!!!! but i do understand what your providing is a 5 star look .. does the solar energy comes along with it?

so a well painted, decorated, finished container will cost 35K? I wonder what comes along with it.

I am planning to have these container homes in an Ontario Farm in Canada of mine. So, I am looking more towards a budgetted living for now..I was a bit happy to find out that a container costs less then 3000 dollars and a used one even cost lower..

17. robmill54 says:

love this design, any chance you might sell plans for a home builder?

18. Aadbuild says:

Hi rob, you can send me over an email if you like regarding what you want and I will get a price to you, a lot of people have been purchasing one off licenses if you are interested let me know.

19. cwmara says:

Hi,

What’s your web address–assuming you have a website (could not find using Google search).

Thank you.

20. KisteFoder says:

I really want one of these units, but does anyone know on the website where all of the details of said unit can be found?

21. Aadbuild says:

Hi sorry for the lack of information, I do have one for sale ready to go now. We are in North western Sydney Australia. my direct mobile number is 0400461844

22. Aadbuild says:

for more information see our blog aadbuild.com

23. Aadbuild says:

@cwmara ww.aadbuild.com there is not too much information as we are primarily a building company but follow the link to our blog

24. Aadbuild says:

for more information see our blog at ww.aadbuild.com

25. Aadbuild says:

BTW we won a national building award for sustainability late last year. We also received a commendation for sustainable design BDA