I have a Spectra Brand Geothermal Water Furnace/AC unit in my home. Right now it has a plastic type of filter in it-really 2 pieces each measuring 13 x 30 inches. The unit is 15 years old, and the filter itself is almost disinegrated so I cannot even reinsert the filter-it is bending so badly. I can’t find any filters this size-only 1 website had a “cuttable” size your own filter. What kind of filter can be used in a geothermal unit- can you use the “paper” kind? The one in there is plastic, like just to keep out very large stuff-not dust at all. We would prefer to use a better filter like the HEPA kind. Would this restrict the air flow too much? Can I use the “cuttable” kind for this? I looked up the brand on-line but found nothing by Spectra at all so I assume it is out of business? We have lived in the house for 3 years, moved to IN from NJ, so are not familiar with geothermal at all – but LOVE the money savings! (electric bill $140-$200 a month-no oil or gas bill at all!)
I just wanted to be sure since one of our friends has another brand, newer unit and he said you have to use a certain kind of filter that does not restrict the air too much, you can’t just use a filter off the shelf.
Plus it is a strange size, actually need 26 x 30 inches and no major stores have that size-I called Lowes, Home Depot, and Menards so far.
Areas of Interest
- How do I know when I can recycle a computer component, and when it's safe to throw it out?
- How much, an average if possible, does it cost to install a windmill?
- Do you think everyone should do there best to recycle?
- Powerful Solar Power Charger Enough To Get Laptop Going
- The Fascination of Kite Power
- PARABOLIC TROUGH REFLECTOR SOLAR WATER HEATER GREEN POWER
- Homebrew Solar Panel 60Watts
- My Solar Power Set Up - Part 6 - Building a Panel - Conclusion
- 3 FRESNEL LENS SOLAR HEATER SUN COLLECTION GREEN ENERGY
- Homemade Solar Food Dehydrator
- Repower America - Bill Nye, The Science Guy
- Infinia Stirling Solar Generator
- Solar Furnace
- Start a Revolution / Clean Energy SmartPower.org Contest
What We AreALTERNATIVE battery BUILD Center Certification Clean cost Earth Efficiency efficient Electric ENERGY Environmental First Free Geo Thermal global GREEN GRID Heat homes House installation Jobs Leed light nuclear Panel plants POWER pump Recycle Recycling renewable roof School Solar sustainability Sustainable Technology TURBINE Video Water Wind Windmill